If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Early Sunrise #10

This is the view I saw when I woke up and looked out of our van in the wee hours of our camping trip a few weeks ago. I slept with the door of the van wide open so I could take and peek and then sleep for another hour before getting up. More about Klamath Basin camping on my blog.

The sky above was clear. A low cloud bank hung just above the horizon and the sun hadn't broken the horizon yet. I wanted to capture the smoothness of the sky above so I picked a good paper: Strathmore Gemini, I think 140#. I like how the paper took the paint for the sky and how rich the red turned out.

3 comments:

jyothisethu said...

it is so real and beautiful...
the happiness of watching the light coming through in the morning is conveyed nicely to the beholder...

Unknown said...

I love how you capture the simple beauty of the sunrise. Those are some of my favorite moments, when I feel like I am the only person awake and the world is so amazing, and I am lucky to catch an early glimpse.

Lorrie Klosterman said...

gorgeous Elva. I especially like the curve of the red (instead of being straight across the horizon) and the contrasting band of gray above (fog? low clouds?) Also the silhouettes of the trees have such interesting character.