If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Kristin, 56 &57 Ptarmigan Parts

Who doesn't have 20 minutes to sit down and draw from life? I have been struggling the last couple of weeks because I have been so busy I haven't been able to find the time to work on the challenge. Then one morning I was reading a blog post by someone who teaches art and natural history about how he wants to convince his students to draw from nature for even just 5 minutes a day. 5 minutes seems too short to me, but I would like to establish a daily habit, like stretching or taking a shower. So I have been delving into my box of ptarmigan parts which sits on my desk for needed moments of inspiration.

 5 x7" watercolor and ball point pen, which I like the idea but not the practice of

 5 x7" watercolor and pen with permanent ink that doesn't smudge

4 comments:

Lorrie Klosterman said...

Beautiful little works, each a sweet treasure. Good luck with the daily sketching--you can do it!! I chuckled at your post where you wrote "so I have been delving into my box of ptarmigan parts..." LOL Doesn't everyone? (Seriously though, I'm a biologist, too, so I know how these nature items collect... I have an owl pellet in a plastic baggie among my painting supplies, with the intent of one day teasing it apart to paint its interesting contents.)

Elva Paulson said...

Wonderful little sketches.

I so wish I had sketched a little every day of my life. I'm actually during better the last year or so.

liz Cutler said...

I feel so much better about my boxes (small boxes ) of parts that I have leftover from my homeschooling days. I recently kept the jawbone of a deer to sketch. Georgous drawings! I am inspired to flex my observation muscles whenever I see your drawings. I love the consistency of your marks and then the bit of color that shows up. Beautiful!

Kelly said...

...wonderful sketches. I like the idea of sketching every day for just five minutes. After doing the challenge for the past two years, I'm getting close!! These are cool (cool that you have a box of Ptarmigan parts! That's pretty rare!).