If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Look Who Came Back!!

I am so very pleased to announce that Elva Paulson of Elva's Field Notes has rejoined the challenge and will be working to complete another 100 paintings!

When Elva and I chatted about her rejoining the challenge, she shared with me that in the past, her focus was always on the "end product" and not so much on exploring or experimenting. As she has seen more and more change in her art from that playfulness, she wants to focus in on that aspect and bring more of that to her work.

Elva will also be doing a lot of experimenting with various types of paper to see what works best for her to achieve the various results she desires in her work....sounds to me like something we could all learn from!

I invite you to check out Elva's blog if you have not—it's quite a treat as she tells a story like no one else AND there's always a story!

Welcome back, Elva! I look forward to the coming year!

3 comments:

Dora Sislian Themelis said...

Good luck in your new challenge Elva!

Lorrie Klosterman said...

Yay, I'm so glad Elva is returning. She had completed the challenge already when I started, but I looked at her blog and adore it. It will be a delight to have her "playing" with this challenge again.

Kelly said...

...welcome back, Elva! I love, love, love your nature paintings. I'm just finishing up my second round! I did a lot of experimenting this year too...but not on paper. Maybe I'll have to follow your lead and work on that for a third round. I'm debating...