If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Great Egret #6

This makes white birds for three of my first six posts. White birds pose a special challenge ... and I'd like to get better at handling those whites. So... bear with me. Learning and exploring is what the challenge is all about.

Painted on Pentalic's Nature Sketchbook paper 130# 25% cotton. ... a nice paper for a soft effect, but not for crisp detail or juicy washes. Definitly not for miskit.

2 comments:

Teri said...

I know for a real fact that you CAN paint white birds beautifully!! This is another gorgeous one.

Margaret said...

I haven't visited your blog for quite some time and I need to treat myself soon. However, I came here briefly to become inspired and I knew right away this was your work. I have always adored it (as well as your words).