If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Winter Watercolor #42 Dora Sislian Themelis

#42 Winter Cardinal ©Dora Sislian Themelis
8x10 Watercolor on Arches paper

I thought there would be no way I could get to paint these last couple of weeks before Christmas. Somewhere in my day I found twenty or so minutes and decided this was it! I gathered a few items, went to my art table, arranged the table lamp to a more desirable angle and sketched quickly with just enough water to get color on the paper.

4 comments:

Elva Paulson said...

This would make a wonderful Christmas card! It is full of Holiday spirit -- wonderful composition.

Dora Sislian Themelis said...

Elva, I thought the same thing. For next year or as notecards perhaps.

Lorrie Klosterman said...

This is so vibrant and festive! Love those bold colors, and that dear little shell (and apple!) in there... in a whole new light.

liz Cutler said...

Love the way the warm apple pops and how you balance it with the cooler red berries and cardinal. It works so well compositionally, and so seasonally appropriate!
I am about to go for the 20 minute approach, thanks for the inspiration.