If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Lorrie #64 - Toodle-oo Bird

Toodle-oo Bird, watercolor 12 x 16 inches
Adding to our posts of birds ... this one was inspired by Duke Ellington's recording "East St. Louis Toodle-oo" because... um um um. I guess it was the plaintive horns in the tune. My daughter had selected some songs for me to paint to, as a fun enrichment and inspiration. Bet she wasn't expecting this! (me either). The paper was mediocre at best... you can see the texture of it, like burlap, but it shows up more in the photo than the original I think.

4 comments:

showtimeart.com said...

Anyway, you had fun and something nice and funny came out. I like it.

Elva Paulson said...

What a hoot, Laurie! Or should I say what a toot.

Unknown said...

I am always impressed where you let your creativity take you Lorrie! Your daughter must have had a laugh.

Kelly said...

LOVE it! (and I love Duke Ellington's recording...)