If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Monday, June 13, 2011

#15 Kristin, Stalking Orchids

sketchbook page, pen and photoshop
(c) 2011, klink

This was an experiment. I have a dream one day a illustrating a field guide to the Wrangells ( the mountain range where I live), and I am trying to figure out a technique for drawing wildflowers that is fast, accurate, gives enough information, and looks good in print. One of my goals with this challenge is to use photoshop for some of my work (as a deliberate medium, not an editing tool). So on this one I used it to color in my sketches. Next time I will take the time to scan in the sketch page instead of just taking a digital photo.
The title of this post describes how much fun I have been having looking in the forest for cool flowers.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

...pretty cool. One of these days I'll learn how to use Photoshop, but right now I only use it to crop photos and size them down! You did a lovely job...looks hand-painted to me!

Laure Ferlita said...

I would say a successful experiment too. Beautiful page!