If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Friday, June 17, 2011

#17 Kristin, geode in 20 minutes

watercolor and pen
I was pressed for time the other day, but I still wanted to set apart a little time to draw, so I tried the 20 minute challenge many people have been doing. It was fun to pick an object (this geode we found a couple years ago that sits on the porch railing and I often think of drawing) and do a quick "gesture" painting, to focus on its essence more than the details. It was also fun to put it down and say time's up!

5 comments:

Dora Sislian Themelis said...

Twenty minutes can work wonders! You made a simple object seem so interesting.

Cheri said...

Nice, I like the spot of color in it also.

Mermaid's Palette said...

Nice work, Kristin- I like the sketchbook look with just enough detail.

Claire M said...

I think the pen work really adds to this one. Very nice.

Laure Ferlita said...

I think "just enough detail" sums this up. Nicely done!