If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

#53, 54 Baby Shoes- Sheryl Hawkins



I came across the box containing my boys' baby shoes the other day, and they were perfect painting subjects for fun painting.  Painting these was complete relaxation and full of nice memories- these boys are both in the Air Force now!  As always, I like practice with reflections, and with shadows- there is so much to learn.

Both of these are watercolors on 9X12 Arches with a rough texture.

8 comments:

Claire M said...

oh this is so COOL! and yes, it really tugs at my heart as a mother. These shoes are so cute and they look so familiar to me too! I love the reflection of the red shoes in on the side of the silver cup. What a wonderful memory painting!

liz Cutler said...

Ditto on the heart tugs.
Beautiful modeling and handling of the shoes the variety in surface textures works well.
They are just so sweet.

Unknown said...

I think you did a really nice job with the reflections in the silver cups. I like the shapes of the shadows and the way they fall across the red shoes and laces (they really show the form of the shoes there).

Laure Ferlita said...

Great memories, Sheryl! I think the bottom one with its pop of color really catches my eye, but the top one does the same with the quietness of the sketch.

Lovely work in both.

Unknown said...

love these ...very well done
KAT

Mermaid's Palette said...

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Kelly said...

...aaaahhhhhh....so sweet. I probably would have started crying! Love the reflection of the little gym shoes in the baby cup.

Cheri said...

the reflections are so nice. The shoes are so cute. Really nice job