If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lorrie #24 - Contact

Contact, watercolor 12 x 14 inches
I realized that I have not been posting anything abstract like this one... but why not?  This is what I do sometimes when paints and paper are tempting me to play but I have no patience for depicting a recognizable subject. There were some concepts and techniques at work (I mean, play!), but no need to describe all that. Suffice to say the name "Contact" refers to the spot in the middle where, when this whole thing was wet, a green shape oozed paint into a blue shape along the narrow lines I had made to connect them.






3 comments:

jyothisethu said...

Lorrie,
this experiment is fantastic. you have successfully used the property of the colors which spread through the water in different ways.
congrats...

Unknown said...

I like it. I can visualize some different ideas when looking at it. I see pictures. At first I saw this as an over head shot of children playing a game together ...Just how my minds eye wanted to see it, I guess
KAT

Laure Ferlita said...

I have the feeling of jacaranda blooms falling from a tree! Wonderful when work can be interpreted as different things.