If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Liz # 24 and #25 The Nob

#25 Reworked the acrylics...

# 25 pastel on Wallis paper, 7x8.5




#24 Originl version- acrylic on board, I worked from a photo, wishing I was back on Cape Cod as this was one of my favorite places. I painted in acrylics first then the pastel version. I focused on values and kept a fairly limited palette. So good to be painting again after reclaiming my empty nest and figuring how to set up a studio. Not quite set up and feeling surprised at how much time can be consumed preparing to paint,- and then it's sundown. Yikes.

3 comments:

Mermaid's Palette said...

These are really pretty, and I especially love the cerulean type of blue in the top one. The empty nest is hard to adjust to, but at least you have painting room!

Cheri said...

I also like the acrylic one at the top. Maybe it's the blue. Nice job on the rocks

Laure Ferlita said...

Beautiful sense of light in the top on, Liz! Love the depth you've created. I also think you've captured a moody feel in the bottom image. Perhaps a different time of day.