If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Monday, June 13, 2011

#16 Kristin, improvising the backyard

5 x 8, watercolor
(c) 2011, klink

I get tired of drawing the same view out my window all the time, so today I nestled up in a strange spot next to the house (with an incense stick in my hand to keep the bugs away). I got to see a different view of the mountains from there and that inspired me to sort of re-invent the landscape for my own purposes. I plaid with space and moved all the trees, and it was very fun. I've also been feeling inspired by Lorrie's soft yellows and purples. It was a sunny day so nice to think about color more than I normally do.

4 comments:

Mermaid's Palette said...

I like the loose quality, and the colors are great!

Kelly said...

...it must be wonderful to have a mountain view from anywhere in your yard! I like the softness and muted colors...beautiful.

Laure Ferlita said...

Love this! Nice job on the sky area. Does the incense work? You guys have some pretty fierce mosquitos!

liz Cutler said...

thanks for the tip on the mossies , any thoughts on black flies ? There is a soothing rocking pattern to your composition that I like .