If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

#30 Liz Cutler, 9x12 oil on canvas panel - Hadley Point Beach

I am at day 4 of one of Acadia Workshops week with Michael Chesley Johnson. Georgous spots all over the quieter side of Mount Desert Island. I think I am a plein air addict. The rock painting demo was a big help, as is the cocoon painting holders I got.
This one is at the beach near our house, I plunked myself down on a log and dove right in, thinking of values and color temperature. Funny how being outside just standing still for 7 hours is so tiring.

6 comments:

Laure Ferlita said...

Love the blends of color in the foreground rocks and water. Just gorgeous!

Ugly Stepsister aka B. Travell said...

I agree. The "color temperature" is wonderful.

Kelly said...

...love the softness and the blending...and the muted color. Beautiful!

Gary Keimig said...

nice warbler Kelly

Unknown said...

This paintings makes me miss painting with oils, such nice soft and creamy water, subtle shifts of color, then sharp when you want it on the rocks in the foreground for example. I also like the warm rocks against the greenish water.

liz Cutler said...

Okay- lets trade , I will go for pen and watercolor, and your turn with the creamy vibrant colors!