If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pen&Ink Self Portraits-Dora Sislian Themelis

#19-Self Portrait While Waiting #2
#18-Self Portrait While Waiting #1

#20-Self Portrait While Waiting #3
With Laure's approval, I'm posting these pen&ink drawings that I have done in the last couple of weeks as I continue in the challenge. I am still painting in watercolor, however, I've been asked to paint something as an illustration for a possible book project on Greek culture. People dancing is the subject and I can't post it here as part of the challenge until it's finished.

These small pen&ink drawings were done in the waiting room of the allergist's office. I get shots every two weeks and need to wait twenty minutes for a reaction, if any. Great opportunity to draw, but every time I draw the patients they get up and go. So I am the model, well, my foot is, along with my own fingers and sketchpad.

7 comments:

Laure Ferlita said...

Love these as "self-portraits!" Are these all from the same appointment or different ones?

Dora Sislian Themelis said...

Laure, these are different appointments, just the same summer ballet flats!

Laure Ferlita said...

What prompted my question is that I tend to squirm around and I was wondering if you were doing the same thing because of the different angles!

Mermaid's Palette said...

I love these, Dora! Getting proportion right is so tough and especially with the perspective of looking down!

liz Cutler said...

Waht a tough perspective, and a challenging medium. I love that you included your hand.

Dora Sislian Themelis said...

Thank you all! Pen&ink was one of my favorite mediums since high school when I got my hands on my first Koh-i-Nor rapidograph pen!

Kelly said...

...Matty and I get to do the 20-minute-allergy-wait thing too! So much fun, but a great way to get in a sketch! These are really nice...