If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Friday, March 4, 2011

#35, #36 Doll Dresses - Sheryl Hawkins





My mom makes and sells doll dresses, and I painted a few of them for her to use on business cards, signs, etc.  They were so fun to paint because I wasn't worried about painting a masterpiece, just something to illustrate her work.  I am also painting some fun little beach designs to use in my soldered charms and will post them next. These quick and easy watercolors are just good practice and a good way to warm up for more intense paintings.

3 comments:

Elva Paulson said...

What charming little excercises! They look happy and fresh.

Kelly said...

Sheryl...cute! Love how you were able to render the plaid. I see you also worked in the reflections on the hangers! My aunt makes wooden dolls and clothes for them...it's always fun to see what she creates.

Claire M said...

These are simply adorable - they really appeal to me. I think they would make darling note cards too.