If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Three Shells - #10

Three Shells 8x12 Watercolor (c)2011 Dora Sislian Themelis
Moving on to #10 in the challenge with Three Shells. At this rate, will I get 100 paintings done in one year? I'm not so sure, but I keep going. I am trying to decide whether to look over some of my photos for ideas or keep painting from life. I've been doing well painting what I see and not so sure I want to go back to photos. I will have to think about it.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Ten paintings is great! It's your first milestone. I like the bits of green moss and the deep shadows.

Mermaid's Palette said...

Nice moss, Dora and the shadows really give it depth.
Sheryl

Claire M said...

Even broken shells have their own beauty - just as you've shown. I like the the shadows that you've captured here too.

Dora Sislian Themelis said...

Kelly I didn't think of it that way, thank you!

Sheryl, Claire, thanks!

Cheri said...

Nice Shells. I like painting from photos. I am taking classes and thing move then you have to start over. You did a good job on this one.

Dora Sislian Themelis said...

Thanks so much Cheri!

Dora Sislian Themelis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.