If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Kelly - Painting 31

(Oil Pastel, 12x16 Sennelier Oil Pastel Paper)

I bought Sennelier oil pastels today with birthday money my parents gave me. I'm in love. They are so luscious it's like painting with lipstick...or creamy butter (yum). They glide across the paper leaving pure pigment behind and blend easily with a smudge stick.

This juvenile Tricolored Heron was learning to fish when I spied him last June in Hilton Head, SC. He was moving cautiously down a branch that had fallen in the water, flapping his wings to balance and never once letting his gaze move from the tiny fish swimming below

3 comments:

Mermaid's Palette said...

I like this, Kelly and the green is beautiful! I haven't used pastels since college and let's say that is more than 2 years ago!
Sheryl

Cheri said...

Very Pretty Kelly.

Dora Sislian Themelis said...

This shows you're enjoying your medium!