If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Friday, March 18, 2011

The Dark Apple Hides Shells - #8

Dora Sislian Themelis,The Dark Apple Hides Shells- #8
8x12 Watercolor on Arches 140lb cold press paper
(c)2011 The Artist


I just finished #8 of my 100 Paintings Challenge, The Dark Apple Hides Shells. I am trying so hard to use up these paints so I keep painting this apple. Finding the time to paint has been rough this week as my granddaughter isn't a kid who sleeps for hours. Not that I need hours, just time to think. I like quiet time where I think of what I want the painting to look like, and I don't have alot of that right now. It's okay though, because painting does get done, eventually. Slowly, but surely I'm working through the challenge, keeping my head in it as I go.

4 comments:

Lorrie Klosterman said...

Dearest Dora, I can tell from your posts that you are getting annoyed with this paint brand but feel you must use it nonetheless. I have three ideas--see what you think:
--Could you let your grandchild paint at the same time you do, and help use it up by just having fun painting together? (that is, if she's old enough)
--Could you paint a different subject, from memory or fantasy instead of the apple, using the red for something for which it's the perfect color?
--And finally, could you be good to yourself and put those paints aside and get a few new tubes of colors you love? And I mean, LOVE!!! You are an artist, you deserve to be freed from The Paints That Annoy, yes!! Your creative self is at play here, so what could be a better investment than offering it materials that bring you joy? I wish that for you!!

Dora Sislian Themelis said...

Lorrie, I love your comments and ideas! The Paints That Annoy is the best! I think I need to take action on behalf of my inner artist and go buy some darn paints! LOL Thank you!

Lorrie Klosterman said...

Hurrah! I'm rooting for you!
If you aren't feeling so joyful about your painting sometimes, take a look at the photostream of inspiring, fun, lively, interesting, colorful paintings at this link: http://coffeeandpaintdrips.blogspot.com/
(Of course, it's your own blog!! ;D

Elva Paulson said...

I really like the light on your apple.