If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The forgiving nature of acrylics made it fairly simple to sketch out my son tinged in the computer's blue light. I was thinking of how to keep warm and cool colors on the same plane on his face and what color the background needed to be to stay as background as the values are so similar. This is one of the first paintings I felt was completed (as much as I feel anything is finished) in one sitting. The 4x4 size was a big help and my subject had had enough of me staring at him. My biggest challenge I have discovered is the technical aspect - typing, blogging, the importance of clicking the correct area -quite the opposite of acrylics.

5 comments:

Mermaid's Palette said...

Welcome, Liz! It is always nice to see other artists' styles and I like the way you painted this- it looks larger than 4X4!
Sheryl

Kelly said...

Very interesting. I love it. A hard subject too...

Ugly Stepsister aka B. Travell said...

I love the colors. Very beautiful.

Dora Sislian Themelis said...

Liz you could probably pull this off much larger! I can't believe it's only 4x4. Nice, contemplative quality.

Cheri said...

Reflection of the colors are very nice. Very nice