If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

#1 Kristin, McCarthy Creek Headwaters, acrylic

5 x 7" acrylic on gesso board
(c) 2011, klink

I am excited to join this challenge because I hope to reclaim the process of making art for myself. I look forward to having an excuse to tackle elements in painting that I haven't been able to find the time for. One thing I want to work on is my ability to paint landscapes. Above is a small acrylic painting from a photo. I was surprised how difficult it was to work small, and such a simple painting took me a couple of hours. In the end I am happy with the interplay of greens and purples, as well as the looseness of the brush strokes.

2 comments:

Mermaid's Palette said...

Beautiful, Kristin! And welcome to the challenge. I love the softness of the hills and the way they seem to fade into the distance.

Kelly said...

...really nice...love how the mountains fade in the distance.