If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

#52 -"Beach Pigs Sandpail" Watercolor -Sheryl Hawkins

This watercolor is 18X24" on 140 lb cold press paper.  I collect these antique sand pails and found this one at an antique barn on Long Island.  I started collecting them years ago because of the colorful designs, and found they make fun watercolors.  The fact that they are usually rusty, just makes them more interesting to me!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

...what a fun subject! You really captured the roundness of the bucket. When I enlarged it, the little pigs were so crisp and really seemed to curve on the bucket...

sandy said...

ohh great job on this.

Lorrie Klosterman said...

You've captured all the charm of these antique works of art. I love that you placed it at the shoreline, too, ready to go with one of those old-time metal shovels.