If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Kelly - Painting 34

(Acrylic, 16x20 Stretched Canvas)

"The Rush of Spring" is my first acrylic painting since I finished painting 100 of last year. I loved that little American Tree Sparrow painting, and I think (in the back of my mind) I might have been afraid to paint again with acrylics because I didn't think I'd be able to recapture the joy I felt from that painting...but...the challenge is all about growth and overcoming fears, so I decided it was time to break the acrylics out again. I jumped back in with a raucous representation of spring...a field of tulips bursting with color.

3 comments:

Lorrie Klosterman said...

Delightful bursting of color... I can imagine this enriching the wall of a fine restaurant or an airy gourmet-style cafe. More please!

liz Cutler said...

It is so alive, with color, pattern movement all balanced with the greens.
Funny how we crave color this time of year!

Annette said...

Beautiful splashes of color. Enjoying looking at it.