If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Kelly - Painting 36

(Oil Pastel, 10x10 Sennelier Oil Pastel Paper)

"Spring on the Little Miami" honors the Blue Gray Gnatcatchers that have just descended into our woods. When spring rains come, these little imps are never far behind. Saturday evening after the rainfall was over, Rick and I headed over to the Little Miami River to see if the Gnatcatchers had arrived. We weren't on the trail very long before we heard their constant chatter and spring song. I didn't bring my camera, so I had to create this little bird from memory. I painted her a little bluer than she really is...because I was so happy to see her, and I added in lots of summer green, because I always think about them gleaning insects from the green leaves (sometimes the imagination is a little more fun--and dramatic--than the camera!)

4 comments:

Annette said...

Hi Kelly, just found your sweet little bird. I noticed on your other blog you also had lots of beautiful birds. Loving checking them out. Thanks also for your sweet comment on my blog. We bloggers, we are a great breed I do belive. Hugs
Annette

Mermaid's Palette said...

Kelly-
I love the color and the way your strokes show but still blend together nicely. That background color is really nice!

cindyzlogic said...

Outstanding, Kelly!!! Love the purplish color...great textures!!

liz Cutler said...

Sweet painting , makes me notice birds more....or when they return.