If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Lorrie #8 - Sea Otter Mom and Pup

   
Sea Otter Mom and Pup, watercolor 4 x 8 inches
Sea otters on our coast are still trying to maintain a decent size population--last two years there have been fewer. It's always a joy to see them, especially moms with pups all bundled up together. These were at San Simeon. Sea otters often have a single gull nearby that loiters for bits of food. I think of the gulls as the otters' "pets" and maybe they are! It was only possible to see this scene clearly with those trusty binoculars!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Sooooo cute! I'm in love...

Claire M said...

Adorable. We have these nearby in Monterey Bay. I like how you've captured them.

Mermaid's Palette said...

Very cute- you really caught a lot of personality in this! I also like the way you did the water surface.

MyThoughts said...

Love, love, love, love this! Captures the adorable-ness of one of my favorite animals...without being too "cutesy"!! Great job!

Unknown said...

I lived in Monterey last year and remember seeing sea otters, such adorable and cool creatures. I can't imagine being furry and living in the cold water all the time. Your painting makes me miss the ocean. I love the way you captured the water and the kelp.