If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

# 2 Liz Cutler , Nevaeh's First Kiss ,Oil over acrylic sketch on canvas 11x 14


I think it has been decades since I did an oil painting. My first time using walnut oil instead of turpentine and now my first time wondering just how long it will take for this to dry. I did a painting sketch in acrylic to sort out values and worked from an old photo, as my nephew is now 10 . It was tricky with so much blue clothing.

After looking at it now for the zillionth time I am not so sure if it is actually finished.

4 comments:

Lorrie Klosterman said...

So very sweet! I can't think of anything it needs to "finish" it. The relationship between you and your nephew is captured so well in your postures and lighting. I love the lustrous look of your hair. You definitely succeeded at creating diverse and interesting blues in the clothes!

Kelly said...

...I've yet to try an oil painting. My last oil was over 30 years ago! Love the colors...

Elva Paulson said...

You've captured a special memory!

liz Cutler said...

tah

Thank you!