If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

#2 Kristin, signs of spring sketch

8.5 x 11" gouache and pen
(c) 2011, klink

After focusing on a landscape far-away view yesterday, it was nice to look at somethings up close. Here is a quick sketchbook entry of some signs of spring I put in my pocket on a walk down to the post office today. I was drawn in by the color of tannins in old decaying leaves contrasting with the bright green of left-over or new growth.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

...these are lovely, Kristin. Spring overtaking winter is such an exciting time. Looking forward to more of your field sketches. My son and I are going to try to get out and do a bit of field sketching soon.

Mermaid's Palette said...

These are really nice, Kristin! Between you and Claire, I really want to get back into keeping a sketchbook!

Annette said...

Great sketches there young lady, I just really enjoy looking at what you do and these inspire me to get with it. Hugs

Lorrie Klosterman said...

Kristin, I love your nature sketchbook/journal style with this post... I'm so glad to see you are into this--several of us in the Challenge are, too. These records of your nature finds enrich us all!

Claire M said...

Very nice sketchbook page!