If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

# 89 leaves

Among the many wonderful things that have happened to me since I started painting, is how my mind looks at almost anything and feels it can make a picture! I keep looking for subjects as I walk around or drive to work or do anything for that matter! So this morning when my husband and I walked to our car, there were these two wonderfully bright yellow leaves lying on the ground.....so of course I picked them up!! I have a bit of bark that I had picked up a while back, so together it made a wonderful picture!
.

3 comments:

Lorrie Klosterman said...

A lovely interplay of contrasting colors -- the yellow/orange with the blue in the bark. Nice texture variety too, and the criss-cross shape of the composition works nicely.

brincrish said...

Thanks Lorrie!

Mermaid's Palette said...

Brinda, I agree with Lorrie- I love the dark bark behind the colorful leaves, it really works!