If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Liz #15 Coming onto the Island, watercolor 12x16

There are so many wow views here in downeast Maine, I am constantly stopping to grab a quick reference photo - it makes being far away from everything worth all the driving. This is just after coming onto Mt Desert Island. I could not resist posting the pine trees to go along with all your trees. It was so much easier painting a landscape with watercolors for me than painting daughters, though there is the temptation to paint with acrylics over some areas, you know, to fix it....just a dab...or two.

3 comments:

Ugly Stepsister aka B. Travell said...

the colors are so lovely.

Kelly said...

...beautiful colors. I love the pinks showing through!

Mermaid's Palette said...

Pretty, Liz and I like how you used all the color in the water!
Sheryl