If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

#001-Peaches & Cream-Kathy



Like several of you, the flame of passion for painting was fanned for me with Laure's fantastic Paris trip--now just about everything that passes through my vision is imagined as a painting! Even random thoughts passing through my brain sometimes cross over to the other side and become sketches. I loved being part of the group and felt a bit of withdrawal when we finished. I am so excited to be a part of this challenge and look forward to growing, simply by determined effort and practice--and watching my fellow artists grow, too.

In this group, I am looking to really find my "voice" in painting. I love the watercolor medium, but I am also doing some things in acrylic. The two hold different challenges for me and I'd like to explore both here. This first painting is just a small piece on a page I tore from my Arches Carnet de Voyage watercolor notebook. I thoroughly enjoyed painting this and can't wait to get on my next one! Thank you, Laure, for administrating this blog, and also for the warm encouragement you have given me from our very first contact.

8 comments:

Teri said...

This is really a lovely painting and composition.. I like the darker colored peach basket as an accent to the lighter pitcher and peaches.

K said...

Kathy, so nice to see your art again! I am loving the muted grayed background with the splash of orange color thrown in!

Gabrielle said...

I really like how the subdued background brings out the pitcher. Great color on the fruit.

Timaree said...

Very pretty piece. I love the components of your still life.

Kathy said...

Thanks everyone : ).

Laure Ferlita said...

Love the complements of blue and orange in this - that basket absolutely sings! You've done a nice job on the modeling of the fruit and the dark interior of the basket. You're off to a great start, Kathy!!

Suggestions for the NEXT one - add in some of your blues and oranges into the background and the sides of the vase as reflected color.

Next!

Claire M said...

I really like the composition of this piece. It would be really attractive framed and on the wall.

Kelly said...

...so beautiful. I love the contrast between the blue and the orange, and the deep shadow in the container. The fruit is beautiful...