If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Painting #12 Baby Giraffe



I have sketched giraffes before and they are fun to do so I wanted to another one but with a landscape background.  I found this image of a baby giraffe on Wet Canvas.
My other purpose in doing this was to sketch it on paper and use the transfer technique Laure told us about.  It worked great and sure saves a lot of erasing on the watercolor paper.


I realize I am jumping all over with painting subjects but I just let my mood and interest move me.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

So cute, Teri! I love your background with all those warm tones---I bet he feels right at home ; ). I am enjoying feeling your sense of fun and delight in creating your work~~

Laure Ferlita said...

Teri, what a cutie!! Love those neck wrinkles - maybe because I can relate!! ;•)

K said...

Teri, he is priceless!

Teri said...

Thanks. There is just something so lovable about giraffes.

Kelly said...

Love it, Teri!!! I photographed some giraffes last autumn at our zoo. I had planned on painting them, but forgot about them. You've reminded me. I love the patterns on the chest...and I LOVE his face. He's sweet...