If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mission San Luis Obispo - Claire 5

Last fall I took a mini-vacation to San Luis Obispo to 'recharge' and do some painting.  One day I walked from my hotel into town determined to paint something on the spot. I walked into the Mission Plaza and to my amazement (and pure coincidence) I walked right into an art event -- the San Luis Obispo Plein Air Festival. Many artists were just finishing their paintings. It took awhile, but I finally got the courage to sit on a small stone fence and paint the San Luis Obispo Mission. When I finally started painting I began to relax and enjoy the process. I did it!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

This is a beautiful sketch, Claire! I really like the detail of the bells and the wonderful colors of the tree on the left. What an incredible place to visit!

Teri said...

Good for you. I'm glad you stopped so we could enjoy this soft and beautiful sight also.

Laure Ferlita said...

Funny how courage makes us stronger and "colors" our art. This is lovely Claire, and has that done-on-location freshness that makes it even more special!

Bravo, hope you'll be doing more plein aire!!

K said...

I agree, bravo for sketching on location! What a fun place it must have been, you sketching amidst many other artists.

Kelly said...

Claire.......another beauty. I just love your style--so soft and gentle...