If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sunkissed Tangerine Painting Number 5



The funny part of this painting was the fact that it started out as a sketch and then I ended up really giving it some thought and making changes as I went along.


I was going to eat this tangerine and when I pulled it out of the refrigerator it has those interesting leaves still on it and I thought it would make a nice easy sketch.  I did the quick original painting and then noticed the sun coming in the window and creating such nice shadows so I darkened the other side, lightened the sun side and darkened the tangerine shadow.  I probably overdid the sun coming in the window but I like it.


Gee, I am loving this challenge!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

wow....when I saw this painting I just felt warm and happy! I love the reflected colors in the shadow and the bright light coming in...it's beautiful.

Gabrielle said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors and the mood.

Krista Meister said...

Love the rich, pure colors you used, Teri!

Claire M said...

I like the way that you have captured both the tangerine and the light. Very effective.

kslaughter said...

I love the warmth in this one, too---and those sun-drenched colors!

Laure Ferlita said...

Love the saturated colors and the strong feeling of warmth conveyed by the color choices - very nice, Teri!