If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sunkissed Tangerine Painting Number 5



The funny part of this painting was the fact that it started out as a sketch and then I ended up really giving it some thought and making changes as I went along.


I was going to eat this tangerine and when I pulled it out of the refrigerator it has those interesting leaves still on it and I thought it would make a nice easy sketch.  I did the quick original painting and then noticed the sun coming in the window and creating such nice shadows so I darkened the other side, lightened the sun side and darkened the tangerine shadow.  I probably overdid the sun coming in the window but I like it.


Gee, I am loving this challenge!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

wow....when I saw this painting I just felt warm and happy! I love the reflected colors in the shadow and the bright light coming in...it's beautiful.

Gabrielle said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors and the mood.

K said...

Love the rich, pure colors you used, Teri!

Claire M said...

I like the way that you have captured both the tangerine and the light. Very effective.

Kathy said...

I love the warmth in this one, too---and those sun-drenched colors!

Laure Ferlita said...

Love the saturated colors and the strong feeling of warmth conveyed by the color choices - very nice, Teri!