If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

A 2007 Portrait of Christina


I am not counting this as one of my 100 but I just wanted to show you I CAN do a portrait sometimes!   And I didn't even realize it was in watercolor!  lo

So I know I can do it.
There was a time when I was doing portraits for a few months and that helped me so much, which goes to prove that Laure is right about her 100 paintings helping us improve.

Laure, you can delete this if you want.

6 comments:

Laure Ferlita said...

What I would like to see is for you to do this portrait again, now, two years later and see what you can do.

I have an image that I paint every 5 years. I've kept each one and sometimes I get them out and look at them for comparison to see how my work has evolved. I can't say it's always improvement so much as refinement. Not sure it that makes sense. It's a good exercise in that it truly helps me to see where I've been and where I'm going.

Teri said...

Okay, I will.

When I found this one again, I was stunned that (to me) it looked so good and the other looked so bad. I should have kept on practicing those portraita!. And I did this painting after our trip to Hawaii and all the glow of the trip was still with me and I think that is also reflected in her.

Kelly said...

...I love this cute face!! They eyes are just beautiful...

Kathy said...

What a lovely young lady! You did a super job---love the colors and, I agree with Kelly, the eyes are beautiful~~

K said...

Teri, this is adorable! Great portrait!

Laure, cool idea to keep re-doing the same image over time.

Kathy: Welcome aboard! I've missed you.

Claire M said...

This is a lovely portrait. I'm glad you found it and posted it. I've been pleasantly surprised a few times to find some of my work from years passed.... surprise treasures.