If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Friday, January 29, 2010

Painting #14 Tree Branch In The Sky



This is one more sky that I did and discovered that it fits well for "Illustration Friday's" theme word of 'focused'.  I have indeed been focused on skies this last week using wet-in-wet watercolors.

I didn't know what I was going to add to the painting after I did it until today when I saw the IF word and realized how focused I have been on painting skies. I just added the tree branch against this Arizona sky and when I was almost finished I thought a nest in the tree would look interesting so I added that also.

Now I feel I can move on to a landscape with an interesting sky.

7 comments:

Teri said...

I forgot to say that I used a 'rigger' brush probably for the first time in my life and it works just great for those small branches.

Kathy said...

What a gorgeous sky, Teri---love all the warm colors! The branch with the nest is beautiful. I have a rigger brush, too, but I don't think I've ever used it. I'm going to pull that baby out!

K said...

Teri, I am loving the bright colors you're using. The nest is a great touch. And the rigger definitely made some great tree branches.

Laure Ferlita said...

Good use on the rigger, Teri, and lovely sky!

Teri said...

Thanks everyone. Seems the more paintings I do, the more I want to do.

Claire M said...

Lovely combination.

Kelly said...

wow! Color, color, color......and the little nest among the branches. I love it!